Education and Community Engagement
The Omaha Symphony is seeking a part-time Education and Community Engagement Assistant for the 2019/20 concert season. This position is needed 20 hours/week, for 41 weeks (July - May).
The Omaha Symphony’s nine-month concert season consists of six diverse series (MasterWorks, Symphony Joslyn, Pops, Symphony Rocks, Movie Music, Family) and an array of related community and education-based activities. The Education and Community Engagement Assistant is responsible for supporting the administrative needs and functions for all departmental activities including program registration, coordinating event logistics with the Vice President and Manager, accounts payable/receivable, and other duties as assigned/needed.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Manage process of confirming reservations for departmental programs and tracking statistical data.
- Manage day-to-day incoming communications/inquiries and planned external communications with teachers/partners about departmental activities/offerings.
- Manage mailing lists and help create copy for departmental marketing activities.
- Oversee the accounts payable/receivable process for all departmental activities.
- Research and create multi-faceted reports of departmental activities, including but not limited to statistical analysis of collected data and program evaluation and assessment.
- Assist in event management at Omaha Symphony education/community/family events.
- Serve as liaison with Omaha Symphony guild and other volunteers, at the direction of the Vice President.
- Create mailing lists for departmental marketing activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detail-oriented, organized and in possession of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals. Capable of creating and maintaining excellent relationships on behalf of the organization.
- A self-starter who is able to both work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to commit to 20 hours in the office each week and limited hours on select weekends for education/family concerts, per a schedule agreed upon in advance with Symphony staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and digital mailing software (Constant Contact or similar).
- Familiarity with and interest in the performing arts/event planning/event management.
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
College students are welcome to apply, particularly those working toward a degree in music education, business, performance, arts administration or non-profit management.
- This is a seasonal, part-time, hourly position with no benefits.
- When applicable, mileage will be reimbursed.
- Parking will be provided.
- Comp tickets will be provided when available.
Please send a resume & cover letter to:
Omaha Performing Arts Employee Relations Specialist email@example.com