The Artistic Coordinator works with the Artistic Administration department through a wide variety of tasks including guest accommodations, communication and travel logistics. In addition, this position is responsible for the day-to-day support of OSA’s administrative office functions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for guest artist communications and planning, including travel, accommodation, transportation, and any on-site logistics.
- Track expenses, invoices, and trade use for Artistic Administration.
- Coordinates guest artist hospitality, ticket requests, and merchandise sales with OSA staff and Omaha Performing Arts (O-pa) staff.
- Provides guest artist transportation including driving personal vehicle, Omaha Symphony vehicles, and rented vehicles upon request.
- Leads the day-to-day office management of the Omaha Symphony staff office including front desk functions (greeting and assisting lobby visitors and answering incoming phone calls), distributing and collecting daily mail, processing weekly check runs, and office filing.
- Works with Operations and Artistic staff to communicate all necessary information for planning and execution of programs in a timely manner.
- Maintains departmental databases (OPAS).
- Assists with the communication, material distribution, and execution processes of symphony auditions.
- Oversees digitizing of recordings for archival and general use purposes.
- Maintains an understanding of the orchestra’s master agreement (CBA) and ensures compliance.
- Assists Artistic Manager and/or VP of Artistic Administration as needed, including producing department meeting notes and agendas for approval, typing letters and research assistance.
- Attends orchestra services as assigned within staff rotation, fulfills service duties as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, and Attributes:
- 2 year experience in administrative and artist logistics coordination required
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and Sharepoint), and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with a broad spectrum of personalities and exhibit patience and understanding
- Winning personality is essential, as this position works directly with artists and artist managers in conjunction with Artistic Manager and must be flexible and capable of creating and maintaining excellent relationships on behalf of the organization
- Imagination, flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure
- Exemplary organizational skills with extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and high personal integrity and ethical standards
- Knowledge of orchestra performance, instrumentation and concert production preferred
- Experience with proofing and/or editing preferred
- Ability to read music is strongly preferred
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related discipline preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
- State of Residence Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
- Requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately loud
- Many evenings and weekends required
- Ability to self-motivate and work remotely when health conditions warrant
- General Office Equipment (Computer, Telephone, Fax, Copier, Printer)
- Company vehicle (15-passenger van)
- If you are interested in this position, please apply on the Omaha Symphony's careers page:
Position Open until filled.
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000