Welcome to the Omaha Symphony's 2017-18 Festival Chorus! This page contains information and resources for chorus members participating in this season's MasterWorks finale, Beethoven's 9th.
(NOTE: The audition process for this year's Festival Chorus is now closed.)
*Please see below for specific parking and entrance information for each venue.
1. Sunday, April 15 – 6-8:30 PM (Holland Performing Arts Center - HPAC)
2. Sunday, April 22 – 6-8:30 PM (Omaha Conservatory of Music)
3. Sunday, April 29 – 6-8:30 PM (Iowa Western Community College)
4. Sunday, May 6 – 6-8:30 PM (Omaha Conservatory of Music)
5. Sunday, May 13 – 6-8:30 PM (Omaha Conservatory of Music)
6. Sunday, May 20 – 6-8:30 PM (Iowa Western Community College)
7. Mandatory - Retreat: Saturday, June 2 – 1-6 PM (Omaha Conservatory of Music)
8. Mandatory - Rehearsal with Maestro: Sunday, June 3 – 6-8:30 PM (Omaha Conservatory of Music)
1. (*Tentative) Tuesday, June 5 – 7-9:30 PM (HPAC) | CALL TIME: 6:00 PM
2. Wednesday, June 6 -7-9:30 PM (HPAC) | CALL TIME: 6:00 PM
3. Thursday, June 7 – 7-9:30 PM (HPAC) | CALL TIME: 6:00 PM
1. Friday, June 8 – 7:30 PM (HPAC) | CALL TIME: 6:30 PM
2. Saturday, June 9 – 7:30 PM (HPAC) | CALL TIME: 6:30 PM
*Please note that each venue will be open to the chorus 30 minutes prior to each rehearsal. Please do not arrive to the venues before that time, as we cannot guarantee that the building/room will be unlocked.
*Click the highlighted text below to access each resource.
1. Chorus Procedures and Protocols: Please familiarize yourself with this document to be properly prepared for your upcoming experience with the Omaha Symphony.
2. Comp Ticket Order Form: Please use this form to request your one (1) comp ticket and purchase additional tickets for your friends and family members at a special discount.
3. Rehearsal Tracks: These rehearsal tracks are provided to assist with your personal preparation at home and can be easily downloaded from Dropbox via the provided link. There are tracks created for each specific voice type for both Beethoven's 9th and Chichester Psalms.
4. Reference Recordings: These recordings have been selected by Maestro Wilkins and Chorusmaster Breland as performance references for diction and overall sound.
5. German Diction Guide: In your preparations, please refer to this guide for proper diction when singing the lyrics of Beethoven's 9th. The use of this guide will help to ensure that everyone in the choir is singing in the same manner.
1200 Douglas St, Omaha, NE 68102
Rehearsal Dates: April 15, June 5, June 6, and June 7
April 15 Rehearsal: Metered parking around the Holland is free on Sundays. Please enter through the stage/security door on Dodge Street, and check your name on the roster that will be posted inside. Take the elevator or stairs up to the “O” level. There will be signs up directing you to the rehearsal space.
Performance Week: The Omaha Park 8 parking garage will be open for our use. Parking is $3, and you can enter the garage on Dodge Street, across the street from the Holland. Please enter through the stage/security door on Dodge Street, and check your name on the roster that will be posted inside. Take the elevator or stairs up to the “O” level. There will be signs up directing you to the rehearsal space.
7023 Cass St, Omaha, NE 68132
Rehearsal Dates: April 22, May 6, May 13, June 2, and June 3
Please park in the parking lot on the west side of the building, and enter through the main doors (the Accelerando coffee shop will be immediately inside). Signs/ Symphony employees will direct you to the rehearsal space. If you get here early, grab a cup of coffee from Accelerando! It’s truly fabulous!
2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Rehearsal Dates: April 29 and May 20
There is plenty of parking at the Arts Center. Please enter through the main doors, and go down the stairs or elevator one floor. We will be rehearsing in the main theater. Signs/Symphony employees will direct you.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 402.661.8589
email@example.com | 402.661.8583